Dry Skin Rash: Causes, Prevention, and Treatment
Rash is a visible change of the skin, it can be reddish in color and it is normally itchy. Dry skin rash is normally caused by skin irritation and this means that there is a problem in your body. It happens when the skin becomes dry and it can be treated at home. But severe cases of the condition should be treated medically.
Causes of Dry Skin Rash
Dry skin rash can be a symptom of allergy or can be caused by so many factors such as:
- Poor environmental conditions.
- Chemical absorption in the body.
- The food you eat.
- The different liquids that you use to bath with.
- Climate changes- During winter many people get this condition. This is because there is normally no humidity in the air and the temperatures in the house are high. In cold, people do not take water and so this leads to itchy skin rash in the face and other parts of the body.
- Spending a lot of time in hot bathes.
- Skin oils being stripped off.
- Skin illnesses such as eczema and psoriasis.
How To Prevent Dry Skin Rash
Dry skin rash can be prevented in the following ways:
- Avoid staying in hot baths for long and always apply a special moisturizer after the bath so as to avoid itchy dry skin.
- Use non soap cleaners in the shower. They remove dirt from the pores and do not irritate the skin with rash.
- Pay attention to the foods you eat because they can contribute to skin problems. Eat fruits a lot and a balanced diet.
- Always make sure you drink water often so that you can avoid dehydration.
- Always get rid of toxic chemicals that have accumulated in your body over time.
- Avoid any cosmetics that have chemical components. Always try to use natural products on your skin because they are not harsh to your skin.
- Replace the moisturizers that you have with natural skin care lotions that are of good quality.
Ways To Treat Dry Skin Rash
If you are suffering from dry skin rash it is not too late to seek medication or to start taking measures so as to restore your skin. You can treat the dry skin rash in the following ways:
- Avoid scratching the dry skin rash no matter how itchy it is. This is because the scratching can spread the infection inside the skin. It can also make the rash spread to other parts of the body.
- Avoid rubbing the skin. This leads to removal of skin oils hence resulting to the spread of the rash.
- Effective products that can be used to treat dry skin rash should contain aloe as the main ingredient. They should be made up of natural ingredients rather than the chemicals. This is because chemicals can dry the skin hence causing the rash.
- More positive results can be achieved by taking omega-3 fatty acid which is not only a benefit to the skin but also it is good for your whole body health.
- Take vitamin E oil. This is recommended by specialists because it reduces the irritation very fast.
- Use a shielding body lotion so as to clear the dry skin rash. The best type of lotion for your skin should have a blooming vine in it, as well as a natural anti-fungal. Choose a shielding lotion that is easily absorbed in your body. This lotion creates rapid protection and retains the natural oils that are present in your skin. Most dermatologists not only recommend this lotion because it keeps skin moist, but because it also deals with eczema, psoriasis and other skin disorders.
- Avoid self medication of dry skin rash. Some skin rashes are not considered to be serious but it is always advisable to consult a dermatologist. This is because the condition might be more serious than you think it is.
- Take a warm bath that has baby oil or minerals which helps in making the skin more soft. After the bath you should not also roughly rub your skin. You should apply good water based creams after that shower twice a day. Do not try to use any products that contain alcohol, such as cologne and after bath or after shave splashes. Electric razor is advisable for men who shave.
- Increase the amount of liquids and water you take daily to two or three quarts.
- Cut your long finger nails so as to prevent scratching which can lead to bleeding of the dry skin rash when you are asleep.
- Avoid being exposed to wind or too much sun for a long time.
- Try to humidify the air in the bedroom or the place where you spend most of your time.
All the above information will help you know all about dry skin rash. Thank you.